January 4, 2021 -
Pickup Service: A Better Way to Get Car Repairs
September 15, 2015
Have you been driving with a check engine light for ages because you don’t have time to take your car to a Maryland auto repair shop? Do you dread routine oil changes and milestone services because you have to ask for a day off again? You are not alone! Auto maintenance, service and repair are big pain points for many car owners. But did you know there is a better way than dropping off your car at the shop? Today, we’d like to talk to you about car pickup and drop-off services available from many auto repair shops, including Choisser Import Auto Services.
The Problem With Traditional Auto Services
There are actually numerous problems with the way traditional auto services are provided. To name a few:
- You have to manage without a car for a day or longer, which is a big inconvenience especially if you live in a one-car household.
- You often have to come back more than once about the same issue: to diagnose and then again to repair once the right part is delivered.
- Sometimes you have to take off work, get up super early or inconvenience your friends to drop your car off and get to work on time.
One of the main reasons for all these troubles is the fact that most auto repair shops are not open on weekends or outside of normal 9-5 business hours. But even if they were, who wants to spend a weekend calling up friends asking for a ride?
How Drop-off and Delivery is Better
Wouldn’t it be nice not having to worry about how you are going to make it without your car? All of a sudden, auto maintenance or repair becomes less stressful and easier to take care of. Consider these benefits of having a mechanic pick up your car when you are not using it and bring it back when the service is finished:
- Save time: less driving to and from the shop.
- It’s convenient: you are never without a car.
- Better diagnostics: if you have a squeak or another problem you want to get looked at, the mechanic will have many chances to replicate it as he drives your car to the shop.
- Some simple services and repairs can be performed on the spot.
How Vehicle Pickup and Delivery Works
“I’m sold, sign me up!” – is that what’s going through your head right now? Let’s not make any rushed decisions. First, let us explain how this whole car pickup/drop-off thing works. Some shops may do it differently, but here is our process at Choisser Import Auto Services:
- First you schedule an appointment and choose a convenient car drop-off spot within our service area. This could be a park-and-ride, parking lot at your workplace or even your home.
- Then you need to find your spare keys and leave them in a drop box in our office along with a signed form saying you allow us to work on your car.
- Then, on the day of the service, you tell us where you parked, and we take your car to our shop where we do maintenance, repair or whatever you requested.
- If we ever need your approval to order parts or perform specific repairs, we’ll call or text you.
- We bring your car back where we found it along with any replaced parts and a detailed invoice.
- You stop by our office to pick up your keys and pay the invoice.
Sounds simple enough? Well, it is! And if for some reason we need to keep your car longer or it’s unsafe to drive, we’ll arrange for a car rental company’s shuttle to pick you up and take you to their lot.
We hope having this option will make it easier for you to take good care of your vehicle. Remember that when your check engine light is on, your vehicle is in a “safety mode” and is not as efficient as it could be.
Contact us today to schedule auto repair or maintenance through our car pickup service.
What Our Customers Say..
"Robert (Rob) Choisser has been servicing my 1998 Honda CRV for nearly 3 years. I have never had better, more honest service done on any of my cars. Rob is extremely thorough in his work and more than fair in his pricing, I would recommend his work to anyone in my family and to my friends. He is a real credit to his profession, his family and friends."
- Gary, Owings, MD